The types of information we collect
Information you give us:
Some BahnTech applications allow automatic or manual input of data, such as Barcode numbers. This data is sent to third parties for the purpose of soliciting information on the product associated with the barcode.
• Barcode from a product. Barcodes are a general term and includes but is not limited to:
• UPC 6 12
• EAN 8 13
Information required to access third party systems:
Some BahnTech applications allow connectivity to third party applications / websites / servers. Some of these require you to enter a user name and password, where in some cases the user name could be an email address. All user information entered to access a specific third party is sent only to the third party in which you are intending to connect. The data is never stored on any BahnTech Servers or transferred off of the device to any other partner or sold or distributed in any way. BahnTech has no access to this data as it is stored on the local device.
• For example if you send a post to Facebook from a BahnTech application, you will need to log on to Facebook in order to gain access. This logon information is only sent to Facebook. This information is not sent to any other party. This information is not collected by BahnTech.
Information we receive from third parties
BahnTech receives sales information from third parties when a purchase is made from an Affiliate of BahnTech. This sales information contains no personally identifiable information. This information can include the product purchased, quantity, date/time, retailer, price and fees. It will not include personal information that may or may not have been provided to the third part during the purchase.
• For Example; if you are using a BahnTech application that scans barcodes, and the application presents you with a list of items to purchase. You select an item and then select buy online. This will take you to an in-app web browser, where all information, personal, financial or otherwise is not collected by BahnTech or the application. It is a direct and secure communication between the user and the third party retailers web site that the user intends to purchase from using industry standard web encryption.
Information that you enter in an in-app web browser
Information entered in any BahnTech in-app web browser is not collected, monitored, shared or sold by BahnTech.
Automatic Data Collection
Marketing and Advertising: third-party advertising companies with whom we or our advertisers partner to deliver BahnTech advertising incorporates software that is used to monitor sales promotions and other application use metrics. These companies may be sent a unique device identifier assigned to that device.
Information about your computer or device: We may also collect information about the mobile or other devices on which BahnTech applications are installed. If you access the Service from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device.
Tracking technology: These technologies collect non-personally identifiable information to improve or monitor BahnTech applications, including to keep count of return visits to our applications, website or our advertisers' or partners' websites, collect and report on aggregate statistical information. We may also capture other data such as search criteria and results, date, time, connection speed and IP addresses.
Flurry Terms of Service http://www.flurry.com/about-us/legal/tos.html
TapJoy Inc Terms and Cond https://www.tapjoy.com/tos-advertiser.html
If the user accepts and thus enables location information to be available to a BahnTech application, this location information will be used for the following practices:
Š Your location information will never be combined with any personal information and stored, transmitted, shared, or collected by BahnTech or BahnTech partners.
Š Your location information could be used to determine your current location
Š Your location information could be sent to a third party with non-personally identifiable information for reasons including but not limited to:
o You are trying to locate nearby objects, businesses, retailers. Then the minimal information needed to execute this action is sent to the third party vendor, and will not include personally identifiable information. For Example; if you are using a BahnTech barcode scanner to find a local retailer, then the name of the local retailer and your Location information will be sent to a third party. The third party will return a list of local retailers near your location.
Š If you disable access to your location information, or if you never implicitly agree to share your location information with a BahnTech application then your location information will not be accessed by the application, and thus will not be shared, stored, sold, or sent to third parties.
How the information we collect is shared:
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies, websites, applications or people in the circumstances listed below.
• You provide information in the course of your use of the Service by participating in community and social networking features such as Facebook.
• When we hire or partner with third parties to provide specialized services on our behalf, such as coupon services and special products or services that we choose to make available to our users.
• In connection with a merger with another entity, or in the event of a transfer of all or some of our assets.
• When we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or in a situation where disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to BahnTech, our users or members of the public.
Related BahnTech Documents:
Please also review our Copyright Policy at http://www.bahntech.com/documents/copyright.htm